Most home business owners lack the necessary amount of time and money for growing their business. But there are some aspects like marketing which you can’t just ignore. For small home businesses, it is very hard to run full-scale marketing campaigns.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do any marketing at all. Rather, there are some low-cost ideas which could be helpful in marketing your business. In today’s post, I will show you 21 affordable marketing ideas for your home business.
1. Arrange an open house and share your business idea with the guests. If you have developed the products and/or services already, you can also showcase them.
2. Get some simple flyers designed and deliver them to your potential customers. You might include a special coupon too.
3. Pick up an advertising slot in your local yellow page. Make sure that you have chosen the proper category for your business.
4. If there are local coupon directories/ listings, book advertising spaces on them.
5. From the very beginning, start collecting the email addresses of your customers. Send useful information, promotions and coupons on regular basis.
6. Make the most use of various social media platforms. Find out where your target customers are most active. Some common examples include Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ etc.
7. Get some stickers designed and encourage your friends and family to put them in their home and vehicles.
8. Make your brand visible by creating physical products like mugs, t-shirts, wristbands, hats etc. Offer them with bulk purchases of your product or service.
9. It doesn’t matter what type of business you are doing, you should have a website. Don’t go overboard at the initial period. Try to keep the balance between your budget and the industry standard.
10. Use SEO techniques and make sure that your customers can easily find your website.
11. Look for popular blogs and forums in your industry. Take part in the conversation and promote your business whenever possible.
12. Depending on your business policy, set up daily, weekly or monthly promotions. Offer discounts and coupons on various occasions.
13. Introduce a referral service for your customers. This will encourage themto introduce your business to their acquaintances.
14. Always look for new opportunities to network. Be active in your local business community and participate in the business associations.
15. Host regular competitions that are relevant to your products and/or services. The competitions could be physical or virtual.
16. If your budget allows it, start sponsoring local events, good causes and entertainment events.
17. Most local communities have bulletin boards.If possible, advertise your business in your local bulletin board.
18. It is impossible to ignore some necessary expense like business cards, brochures and leaflets. Try tomake them as unique and attractive as possible.
19. Make use of various online selling platforms like Amazon and eBay. List your products on those sites and be active there.
20. Find out the trade shows, exhibitions related to your business. Try to attend these events personally and host a booth.
21. An interesting marketing idea is to teach classes relevant to your industry in your local schools and colleges.
Marketing doesn’t always have to be expensive. With a bit of creativity and dedication, you can find out lots of unique and effective marketing ideas for your business. The ideas provided above could be excellent starting points in that regard.